01 March 2010

The Heritage Tour

Going back to Seattle in a couple of days. Not quite sure how I feel about it.

The last time I visited in 2007, was I was sicker than a dog, and spent most of my time in bed at my friend Jerry's.

This time, it will be with Alan, and our friends Kristen and Mouse are joining us.

Trying to play tour guide, as well as seeing old friends and showing Alan my world will be interesting. The most important thing is having Alan understand how I became the person I am now.

I'm debating whether or not I should tell my aunt and her family, my mom's third cousin, I believe. Her family is the closest relatives I have any desire to deal with. Then there's my mom's niece, also three times removed, who totally rocks! I should say something, and try to work them in.

The angst comes from my feelings about Seattle. It represents all that is fucked up in my life: my failures, my family, relationships, several careers went down the drain. I don't look forward to facing my ghosts, as it is in my past.

My friend Troy told me once, "Keep Seattle in Seattle." And for the most part, I did. In 2001, I walked away, and never looked back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being part of the conversation! Once your comment has been reviewed, it will be posted.