07 March 2010

Seattle, Day Five

Finally got to spend time with Mike and met his partner Chris. Cute couple. Also met up with Nich and Steve. Spent the time at Starbucks, talking about our lives, and swapping stories and pictures of our feline children. I've never had a hangout where it was gay couples my age, just shooting the shit over coffee at a coffee shop.

The place we had breakfast, Blue Star Cafe, kicked ass. It was so much fun. It is the reincarnation of Eggs Cetera on Broadway, which moved to Wallingford. It brought back old times, and one of the waitresses recognised me.

Don't know what we'll do in our final hours here. Just trying to figure out how to deal with the ladies, one of which has turned into megabitch, all of the sudden, which we're all over. I'm not going to let BS like that, or my other half's occasional crankiness, get in the way of having a good time myself.

And I got a bit of retail therapy today. Eddie Bauer! Woo hoo! Miss them, but they didn't have what I was looking for.

I also think I'm coming down with a bit of a cold. Hmmm.... Hopefully it will wait to completely hit me when I get back into Orlando.

Will I miss Seattle? Yes, I will miss it. Enough to return? Not really. Too many things have changed. It is not the place of my childhood, which is not a bad thing, but it's not a great thing either. It's great that things have progressed, but there's a part of me that wishes it could still be the same.

The point being -- I should be able to recreate the world I want for myself anywhere and everywhere I go, regardless how hard it could be. If I could do it in Hong Kong, then I should be able to do it anywhere within my own country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being part of the conversation! Once your comment has been reviewed, it will be posted.