06 March 2010

Seattle, Day Three

Spent time with my best man David and his new boyfriend Jeffery at Julia's, eatery by day, drag cabaret by night. Then picked up Mouse at SeaTac. I was expecting a 45-60 minute drive, but got there in 25 minutes or so. Wow! Picking her up was also as fast. It just seemed traffic moved faster than what I remembered.

Things have changed a lot since I was last here. It's so weird, remembering things that used to be, like what Broadway Market was, and where the Taco Bell and Bartell's was, the place I got my nipple piercings from, my first and fifth tattoos, or even, the places I would go take my dates to make out, are no more. I'm nostalgic for the old days.

Speaking of which, Kristen, Mouse, Alan and myself ate at Kau Kau, which has the best siu yok -- roast pork -- in Seattle. I remember having a full meal there years ago, but wasn't too impressed. However, the food was better than what I remember it, and we all had a good time. Can't wait to show the photos! hahaha

It was also nice to introduce Alan to some of my friends and show him what I remember of my Seattle. It's important for him to see some of the things and meet some of the people that were important to my life. Especially when I have lost 30 years of photos, and can't demonstrate to him my frame of reference. It's important to me that I show him where I come from, and that he understands why I'm such a neurotic mess.

At Kau Kau, we had chow mein that reminded me of my mom's recipe for Pancit. I miss that smell.

Speaking of which, I did pay my respects, and all is good. I just prayed for guidance for my life, since I have no idea which direction my life is heading in right now.

There is a part of me that is still lost in the fog, trying to find a definite direction to go in. Revisiting some of the places and people that meant something to me, is helping me remind me where I've been, and how far I've gone since.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being part of the conversation! Once your comment has been reviewed, it will be posted.