08 March 2010

Later, Seattle

Had a great time meeting up with people and spending some time with them. There are people that I didn't get to because of either time or logistics. There will always be a next time.

It was great to show Alan where I came from and what my life was like in my bachelor days. Got to eat good food. See family. See some great sights.

Though it's nice to visit, it's time to go home. Back to life, back to reality. And leave the Seattle of my dreams behind.

The irony here is, I teach the history of the theme park I work at. And we say that "Hollywood is a state of mind", and "The Hollywood that never was, and always will be". That's how I feel about leaving this place. Leaving the reality behind, and when I get back home, I'll remember the things about Seattle that are a part of my memories. From Lamara, to Kau Kau, to Lake Washington High School, to the ferries, and Native American place names. And most of all my friends and family.

Later, Seattle! Will be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being part of the conversation! Once your comment has been reviewed, it will be posted.