06 March 2010

Seattle, Day Four

Went to Pike Place Market with the girls. Did some major damage buying artwork. It was nice hanging out with them.

Spent time with my Auntie and Marilyn. Got caught up with them, and told me a few things that filled in the blanks about what I had missed growing up. Wow! I understand why we didn't do a lot of family functions growing up. Alan got the 'take good care of him' speech from them, which was touching to him. My Auntie's adobo recipe was better than my moms! (looks up to heaven) Sorry mom!

Did the Seattle-Bainbridge ferry run at night. It's beautiful seeing the lights of the Seattle skyline. Wish my (expletive deleted) camera cooperated. But hopefully, iPhoto will help me fix this.

Had late dinner at the Hurricane, which is quite the dive. It was scarier than Beth's Cafe, or even some of the lousy cha cha tsangs in Hong Kong. Don't do the tomato basil soup, it was gross. The Caesar salad was way too salty for some reason, but because of all the eating I had been doing, it was good to get fibre.

It was a good day. Despite all the blow ups from certain people from our party today, I am not going to let people take away the magic of being back, and going on the whirlwind tour of Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being part of the conversation! Once your comment has been reviewed, it will be posted.