06 February 2010

Social Contract

Hello,

I'm Drew. I thought long and hard about whether or not I would actually create a blog. I think it would be a great forum for me to voice my opinions, good and bad, and allow me to engage in expository/creative writing exercises.

But first, taking my lead from the show House, here's my Social Contract with you, my reader:

If I attack the Chinese Central Government, expect this blog to be blocked by their internet censors. For PC users, go to ultrareach.net and download anti-blocking software.

If you want to know my deepest and darkest secrets, this is the wrong forum. Only my closest friends know those things.

There are certain things I will be candid about, and others I won't. Please respect that.

When I say I will not go there, I will do so, and why. When I say that it will be addressed in a future entry, it will be at an appropriate time.

I will subject you to all my opinions, and welcome your feedback as long as it is CONSTRUCTIVE. I normally do voice my opinions freely in the online forums, such as this, and should be able to feel some sort of 'safety' to do that, with minimum repercussions for doing so.

In return, expect me to give you feedback on whatever you end up posting. In other words, don't dish it out, if you can't stand the heat. However, in true Drew style, I will be as tactful, diplomatic and kind as I possibly can whist doing it.

Because of that, being a 'friend' on Facebook, Twitter and MySpace or follower to this blog is conditional, though I care about and love everyone equally.

Because of that, I WILL NOT post your response if you were an employer, past or present. That includes all aspects of my life, as a WDW Cast Member, an Ocean Park Manager, a professional actor still in retirement, a legal clerk for several law firms. I will also tend to shun those who have fallen in some sort of disfavour from my past, for whatever reason.

However, friends, co-workers that want to get to know me better, and strangers (who aren't stalkers or freaks) are welcome to request to be a follower.

I will not report anything that is 'personal', unless A) it violates professional confidentiality (refer to the Cast Member Code of Conduct book you got during Traditions, or violates the non-disclosure clauses of various employers)' B) It poses harm to yourself or others, or C) violates the law, or is part of potential criminal acts. And I expect the same from you.

I do hope this will be clarify my position of why I am very selective when confirming followers, and open things up to more open communication.

And as I make more friends, expect to see this note every once in a while as a reminder to all about how I work.

Hugs,
Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being part of the conversation! Once your comment has been reviewed, it will be posted.