17 August 2012

Who I do business with?

As long my money and I are welcome, I will do business with you, as long as you treat both with respect and dignity.

However, I will not do business with those who show blatant disregard to their vendors, suppliers, and customers, like WalMart.  (However you will see how I contradict myself with them.)  I will not do business with those whose politics are shoved down people's throats, like, Domino's and Chick-Fil-A.  Or treat their employees with blatant disregard to the law and/or actively discriminate, allegedly like Cracker Barrel.

WalMart is an interesting case study.  I am forced on many occasion to do shop there, despite the crappy customer service and at times less than desirable clientele, as I -- and most of my neighbors -- have to make the budget stretch and make every dollar count.  The great thing is many of their products are made in the USA, which I try to support my nation's factories, or what's left of them.  The bad thing is what's not made in the US, is imported from other places where their workers are exploited and mistreated AND WalMart forces all their vendors to sell to them at razor thin margins, so they'll only make money on volume alone AND they try to circumvent the law.  You see those trailers in the parking lots?  Since the merchandise in the trailers isn't in the store, it is not officially inventory, so therefore, they don't pay taxes on it, until it does finally get in the store.  All for cost savings. 

The factory workers overseas are another topic of discussion I'll save for later writings.

Anyway, as long as they don't hurt me or piss me off, I'm good with doing business with everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being part of the conversation! Once your comment has been reviewed, it will be posted.