16 August 2012

Nothing lower than a used car salesman?

I've come to believe that most politicians, specifically Romney and Ryan, and even my beloved Obama, whom I didn't support at first, have lowered themselves to a level even LOWER than a used car salesman.

I've come to believe that politicians no longer have the regard to their position their predecessors had.  Instead, this honor to serve the people is abused to serve their own interests, big business, and mob rule.  There are a few, like Alan Grayson, that truly care.  But knights in shining armor like Mr Grayson are few and far between nowadays.

I'm tired of the bloc politics that the Right has created, so legislation that could have helped the country and the world is stalled because they're acting like a bunch of babies when the other side tries to reach out to them.  I'm tired of my own Left for not fighting back hard enough and seeking and fighting hard to reach consensus. 

I'd say to fix the system, we need to get rid of the electoral college so the vote can truly represent the will of the people.  We need to adopt a parliamentary system so that dissenting and diverse voices can be heard, without the constraints of the party line, hopefully making reaching consensus easier.

We need a serious change in how this country is run.  What will it take to get many people, who are sick and tired of this bullshit, get others to realize the system isn't working the way it's supposed to, the way the Founding Fathers intended? 

The Occupy Protests are a start, but people like myself are afraid of upsetting the Status Quo, in the event that our valiant efforts have failed, and facing the repercussions.

I'm hoping this post gets passed around, and people think about these points I have pondered, and ask themselves:  What can I do to be part of change?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being part of the conversation! Once your comment has been reviewed, it will be posted.