05 August 2012

Some people give me gas

Just spent a lovely afternoon with a co-worker who has been there for a year.  She was quite the bitch, quite frankly.  Got her to back down, but she was still a bitch.

Sorry your experience has been less than magical.  Sorry you're experiencing culture shock.  Co-workers being mean and nasty like you were to me today?  I totally understand.  I went through it too, for my first six months.  And you know what got me through?  Caring managers that wanted to get me to know my fellow co-workers and vice versa.  After time, they became part of my work family, and I would hope theirs.  They saw that I was not such a prick after all, that I worked as hard as they did, and even more.  Especially when the stockers called in sick, and left me with 17 palettes of stock to put away by myself.  I did it mostly myself, and even had time to clean and help stock the floor.

Get over yourself, learn some humility, shut the hell up, and stop being such a bitter bitch.  You haven't been with the company long enough to be so bitter and angry.  Me on the other half, have a lot of reasons to be that way, but since I'm kinda perpetually stuck in the 'responsible person' role, I try not to let it show, even though people are now seeing I'm being worn down by all of it.  But that's another blog post for another time.

In time you will get to understand and appreciate your job for what it is and what it isn't.  No, I'm not asking you to go on autopilot and not care.  Just let whatever issues you have go, and enjoy the ride.  Some of it will suck, some of it will be great.  But it will be rewarding and memorable.

Had to vent.  Thank you for allowing me to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being part of the conversation! Once your comment has been reviewed, it will be posted.