06 October 2010

Hong Kong Day 3

Well, last night they gang threw a surprise party for me -- yes I've known this for the past 6 weeks. We went on the Tram Party deal, and it was so much fun. So much drunken silliness, as well as getting time to talk to people I haven't talked to in a while. Plus I think there's a You Tube video of me doing the nasty with Carvel. Hey, at least it's not over trying to get someone fired for bad customer service.

For Part 2, we went to a hot pot place. One of my favorite things to do in Hong Kong. I love that stuff!!! More talking.

Talking to people last night affirms a few things:

Ashida is a stupid cow that hasn't learned anything. In fact, her ex describes our relationship in the context of Star Wars -- I am Obi Wan, and she is Luke Skywalker. The Padawan thinks she is a Jedi Knight, so she goes to the Dark Side to prove herself. She is digging a hole so deep she might as well hire someone to shoot her so she can die in that hole, just so that it is done and over with.

I am glad not to work with the baht po and pok gai in Ocean Park. I would have had to go ghetto on them and read them, school them, and smack a few upside the head because for the most part, have not learned anything, and are completely stupid. But I still miss fighting for the actors, and bonding and connecting with them, as well as learning more Cantonese.

I am convinced that me not being there was not just a money thing -- with my salary, they can hire 27 Filipino actors or hire 3 HK people to take my place -- it is also a political thing, in which I just happened to be one of the victims.

Not going to support my friends and followers is the quietest way to say Fuck You to Ocean Park. Otherwise, I would have to go ghetto and smack a few people. I'm also afraid that there are people that are loyal to me, they will start a few bits of drama in my honor, their way of giving me face.

That I must now figure out what will make me happy. One of the guys, who in the past has the reputation of being a hardcore dick, changed his tune. He figured out that whatever he does, he must do it for himself, and with his own passion.

Mike told me that I must make myself happy. I told him that as artists, that path is complicated, because nothing is ever simple for us, and change is a process. So we will see, when I return home, how I can implement this change for me. I have this gut feeling what it will entail, and I'm not sure it's a price I want to pay. But hell, I've been paying the price to ensure the happiness of others, when will it be my time? It will be fine, however it turns out. He will be one of those friends, pungyao, that I cannot ever forget.

I ended the night tipsy, a little gassy, full, and satisfied with how it went. Thank you all for making this happen for me. It was totally worth it. Hell the memories and the pictures were worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being part of the conversation! Once your comment has been reviewed, it will be posted.