04 October 2010

Funying Hong Kong

Well, I've been here for at least 36 hours....

Let's see, in Orlando, I chewed out United counter person because she was being an insolent bitch, dealt with lazy TSA inspector guy, TSA screener with really cute eye makeup, as if her job was one entire party. In Chicago, I got ripped off at money exchange. Completely hosed. Stupid me. I also got to experience the full body scanner. I felt dirty, and so criminal.

Got to Hong Kong. Trying to decide whether or not I should Airport Express it into Central and cab it to the hotel (HKD$100 minimum) or Cab it ($400 minimum). I bumped into high school girl from the US, completely lost. Exchange student in Vietnam, got into some trouble, mom made her come back. But after a discussion on the phone in Hong Kong, she was going to go back, but she only had a single entry visa to that country, and couldn't obtain one on Sunday, since the whole of China is technically on holiday right now. National Day/Golden Week, where they celebrate the founding of the People's Republic. Yeah, you know what I'm thinking....

Helped her out with stuff. Asked her to email me to make sure she was all right. Made myself available to bail her out of anything if she needed it. No email. Hopefully she's OK.

Then I went to gather food for our dinner. Was walking to Yoshinoya in Causeway Bay, and whole city blocks were blocked off by Hong Kong's finest. Apparently there was a series of robberies, initiated by security staff at a hotel across the street from me. Wow! But I did get to Yoshinoya, and got on the tram to Wan Chai to get siu yok (roast pork) from Hay Hay. Yummers.

Finally saw Alan. Woo hoo! Mouse and Kristen came over to say hello, caught up and ate.

Then I had the hardest trouble falling asleep. Overslept my 2pm massage appointment, and got holy hell from the tai tai running the place. But I did get my massage from #12 at Lifestyle.

Alan and I went to Temple Street and meet up with Laura, Mouse and Kristen at this one place we eat at. I love it for their fried tofu and noodles. The ladies love it for the seafood. We wandered around since I needed a belt (the ones at home are either too short or too long), a new iPhone case, and a watch (the one I bought in Wan Chai last year is having issues).

Got home, took a sleeping pill, slept for 6 hours, woke up, alert as an arrow. However, I guess I was acting like a slut in bed, mumbling nonsense and dreaming like I was Madonna in Like A Virgin. Walked to the nearest McD's, and got a double Egg McMuffin and hash browns. Now I'm typing, and watching BBC international. Love BBC, but nothing like Michael Holmes on CNN.... Now that's a guy I would love to convert to my team! Yum!

But I digress.

Later today, I think I'll run some errands, use the hotel gym, if they can call it that, meet up with someone, and get ready for my retirement/belated bday party tonight. Kinda scared about that, I guess people's goals are to get me totally shitfaced and drunk.... We'll see about that.... What kind of a guy am I???

1 comment:

  1. Keep out of the naked body scanners, they'll give you CANCER! Just say "I opt out" if they try to send you through one.
    Click on my name for more information brought forward by a coalition of frequent flyers on Flyertalk.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being part of the conversation! Once your comment has been reviewed, it will be posted.