23 January 2013

Is it time for me to exit stage left?

I have this gut feeling that I will be forced to make a few decisions about the forest I am in very shortly. Out of self-love, self-preservation and my sanity. Thank you in advance for your love and support, as I seek the forest that will be my 'nirvana'.

I think it's time to leave a job that I've had for almost 11 years in various capacities and positions.  While it has been one of the best things I've done, it is definitely time to do something else.  

I've had bad times with this company, like when I first got there, adjusting to a completely new work environment that I've never experienced before, being told no too many times for a job I've always wanted to have, to an area manager trying to get me ousted from the role I was in, for no specific reason, to name a few examples.  Those challenges were overcome.  However, in the past month, I have hit a new low.  I feel that for everything I've done, I'm not getting the rewards I had hoped to receive.  I feel used and abused, for minimum wage, not so ideal benefits, and not much else.  Plus working in both a work location AND a department that has become more and more dysfunctional by the day, does not inspire me to be all that I can be.  Nor does it give me incentive to continue to remain the legendary persona I spent years building.

If I wanted to have a work environment like this, I would have stayed in Hong Kong, duking it out with the people I was working with. 

We'll see what tomorrow brings.  If it brings what I think it will bring, 18 July 2013 will hopefully be the first day of the rest of my life. 

It's time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being part of the conversation! Once your comment has been reviewed, it will be posted.