07 February 2013

Associated Press: In wealthy Hong Kong, poorest live in metal cages

Associated Press: In wealthy Hong Kong, poorest live in metal cages

I watched a documentary a few years ago in HK on TVB about this. It totally pissed me off, because there really aren't the social safety nets people think there are, and the ones that do exist aren't as comprehensive, as say, their former colonizer, Britain. Then a friend had me meet her in Sham Tsui Po, her neighborhood, to show me how most people live. It was an eyeopener, especially when they come to visit me in Causeway Bay, they enter another world.  I will never bitch about my tiny luxury hotel room in Causeway Bay (one of the high end shopping districts) again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being part of the conversation! Once your comment has been reviewed, it will be posted.