14 August 2010

Rhetorical Question

What do you do when you realize you and one of your closest and dearest friends are growing apart AND you've changed but he hasn't? Priorities have changed for me, dreams broken down and died, and I feel trapped in so many ways. And for him, things are finally going well for him. I am happy for him, but I have my own stuff I gotta take care of. What do you do? I no longer have the same dreams I did in my own youth. He still does. While that's fine, he just needs to understand that people grow and change over time. There are still things that remain the same, but I'm a totally different person.

Some day when we both reminisce
We both say there wasn't too much we missed
But through the tears, we smile when we recall
We had it all, for just a moment

Time moves on, people touch and then they're gone
You and I will never really end to ever love again
Like we did then

-- From Love Theme From St. Elmo's Fire (For Just A Moment)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being part of the conversation! Once your comment has been reviewed, it will be posted.